09 April 2009

reversible pendant

This is the reversible pendant I made specifically for Heather's wedding. (I was a bridesmaid>>see below!) I made the necklace from twisting wire which formed the frame and then I covered a little rectangle of felt with a variety of ribbon and lace stitching them on. The main side I gave touches of red to match my bridemaid's outfit and the other side I went the classic black and white and featuring buttons. I attached the felt by stitching around the wire but it didn't look so great so I covered it with a graphite coloured ribbon. It looks good, just not quite like I'd first imagined. For the neck attachment process I used black cord and black organza ribbon which simply ties in a bow at the back. I really quite like it and it looked good with my attire for Heather's beautiful wedding.
My friend, Tab with growing bub (hence my pose), and I--two of four bridesmaids.

No comments:

Post a Comment