A cowl worked with bramble stitch. Just your basic rectangle with ends sewn together. At least that was the idea. I decided to knit this out of Moda Vera Audrey in 3901 Rainbow which was actually half knit into a plain scarf. I frogged that obviously. I used 6mm needles to stretch the yarn out as I only had two balls of it. However, once I'd finished my rectangle, I decided it was too floppy as I wanted it to stand up more around the neck. So I started a new rectangle with garter stitch to make a liner.
Half way along I realised my guessed width wasn't matching but I decided to knit the right length and then pull out my crochet hook. I crocheted some extra around the edges and then sewed the two pieces together, joined them in the loop and did a few stitches in the middle section so it wouldn't gap and bubble. Very cosy and warm though a little more 'turtle neck' than intended. This one's a surprise gift.